I was listening to The Takeaway on KUOW to an interview about the brain, short term memory, problem solving and creativity. Here's what I took from it:
- A 15 minute nap can increase your IQ by ten points.
- The short term memory really only holds three of four things at a time.
- Watching TV, or YouTube, might be relaxing but doesn't stimulate the lower "Creative" areas of the brain.
- FAA flight controllers are required to take 15-30 minutes breaks every 45-60 minutes.
- Staring out the window stimulates the lower "Creative" areas of the brain. You can also take a (quiet) walk and not think about work.